AFL CEO Andrew Demetriou does not think Essendon club doctor Bruce Reid is owed an apology from the League for being charged in relation to the Essendon supplements scandal.
On Wednesday all charges were withdrawn and no penalty was applied to Dr Reid after the AFL and Reid reached an agreement.
However Demetriou told 3AW on Friday morning the process that led to charges being laid was appropriate and it was not his position as a Commissioner to hypothesise on whether or not they should have been laid in the first place.
"The question as to when charges, if they are to be laid, are entirely those for the general counsel. I can't hypothesise on those things because it is inappropriate," Demetriou said.
"[It's] still the view of the general counsel that he has no regrets about issuing those charges."
Demetriou said the decision to withdraw charges was based on the fact the doctor had given 30 years of service to the Bombers, had always being against the use of supplements and expressed his concerns in a letter to club officials, had been marginalised from decision making processes in 2012 and had volunteered to take leave until January 2014.
"Bruce Reid is satisfied with the outcome that was reached the other day, as is the AFL. The AFL has accepted the view that he is taking leave. He has accepted that he was marginalised and we have accepted that he wrote the letter and we've agreed to move on," Demetriou said.
The AFL Commission will meet on Monday for the first time since it handed out penalties to Essendon and its officials on the eve of the finals.
It will continue to consider measures to ensure there is no repeat of what happened at Essendon in 2012.
The Commission introduced a range of measures in February to create safeguards around the competition and it is expected to further beef up resources in the integrity department as it faces up to external threats to the game.
Demetriou also said that while ASADA's investigation into Essendon remained open, the League had been given no indication that infraction notices would be served on players.
A report in The Australian newspaper on Thursday said ASADA was preparing to serve infraction notices on Essendon players and officials.
"We rang to get clarification on that, we spoke to ASADA and we spoke to representatives of the federal government and they told us that that story was incorrect. That's all I can tell you," Demetriou said.