View Larger Map
Phone: 132 849
In person: Ticketek – find an outlet near you
ADELAIDE CROWS VENUE MAP
PORT ADELAIDE VENUE MAP
Address: War Memorial Dr, North Adelaide SA 5006
Ground dimensions: 190m x 125m
A $575 million redevelopment has returned Australian Rules Football to the city, increase the stadium's capacity to 54,500.
Adelaide Oval is now home to both Adelaide Crows and Port Adelaide, and is a key venue for both Clubs, with capacity often reached to provide visiting teams with an intimidating atmosphere in which to try and find a result.The showdowns, when both Adelaide teams face-off against each other, are traditionally the venues biggest day each season.
The Adelaide Oval Footy Express provide bus, train and tram services for those looking to attend AFL games at Adelaide Oval during the AFL season.
- An Adelaide Oval Footy Express guide is available to download here.
- Regular Adelaide Metro bus services run as per existing timetables in the lead up to and after AFL games. Please note these services might not use all existing city bus stops due to the need to accommodate additional Adelaide Oval Footy Express services. Signage directs passengers to any changed bus stop locations.
- Temporary bus stops have been established on King William Road to allow for passenger boarding and alighting.
- Several lay-over areas are located in and around the city to allow buses to enter the terminal location on King William Road in a timely manner.
- The Adelaide Oval Footy Express operates on AFL game days only. Check the Adelaide Oval website for details on any services that might be available during other major events at Adelaide Oval.
- Country buses pick-up and collect passengers on Montefiore Road (south-east side of War Memorial Drive and north west side of War Memorial Drive)
Taking public transport to and from the stadium is strongly encouraged when attending events at Adelaide Oval. Within the Adelaide CBD there are numerous options:
- For full details on Wilson Parking options, please visit Wilson Parking or go to BookABay for special, exclusive online only discounted rates
- For full details on Upark options, please visit Upark
- At the end of high capacity games, King William Rd closes from North Tce to War Memorial Dr to facilitate post-game bus operation. This road closure is put in place for games with an anticipated attendance of 35,000 and above. The road closes half an hour before the end of the game and re-opens 1hr 20min after the conclusion (or earlier if deemed safe). Emergency vehicles have a clear passage through this temporary closure.
- Access along Festival Dr, where the Riverbank Bridge meets the Festival Centre, is controlled by traffic marshals to ensure a safe passage for pedestrian movement between the Riverbank Bridge and the Railway Station.
- War Memorial Dr closes three hours prior to the match and two hours post-match to ensure a safe passage for patrons arriving and departing via the Riverbank Bridge.
A 25kph speed restriction operates on North Tce (from Morphett St Bridge to King William St) to allow the safe passage of pedestrians and vehicles during the post-match period.
- A limited number of daily access car parking passes are available in the northern car park. A booking will be required the Monday before the next match to secure an access park at that game by calling the Adelaide Oval SMA on 08 8211 1100.
- Access-compliant car parks have been made available in the Northern Car Park and Torrens Parade Ground for Adelaide and Port Adelaide Football Club Members and Adelaide Oval Football Members. These have been issued on a season club basis.
- Alternatively, a disabled drop-off zone has been established on War Memorial Drive.
For additional access information visit the Access Information page or contact Adelaide Oval SMA on 8211 1100.
Taxi ranks are located on the western side of King William Road; the southern side of Pennington Tce and the eastern side of Montefiore Rd.
Bike racks are located outside the North, South and East gates.