All Auskick Centres, Schools, Community Clubs and Leagues are invited to nominate an outstanding volunteer as part of the Toyota AFL National Volunteer Awards.
The volunteer may have contributed to the completion of a major or significant project throughout the year, gone above and beyond throughout Covid affected 2020 season or they may be someone who has contributed to a number of roles over a long period.
Each State/Territory will evaluate the nominations and ultimately will determine their winners across each Volunteer category, who will then be eligible for the National awards.
Click here to view the selection criteria for each AFL National Volunteer Award.
The State/Territory Volunteers Award winners of each category receive:
- $200 Prize / voucher
- Certificate of recognition for significant contribution to the AFL
- Invitation to the Toyota AFL National Volunteer Awards online event, to be held mid-season.
The AFL National Volunteers Award winners of each category receive:
- Tickets to the 2021 Toyota AFL Grand Final for the AFL National Volunteer Award winners of each category + guest.
- Return flights (except Victoria) for the AFL National Volunteer Award winners of each category + guest.
- Accommodation for 3 nights (Thurs – Sat) in Melbourne for Toyota AFL Grand Final weekend.
- The opportunity to walk in the Toyota AFL Grand Final Parade*
- Pre and post Toyota AFL Grand Final functions*
** All prizes are subject to COVID-19 restrictions in each State / Territory, Government advice on travel and AFL grand final logistics.
Other Great Ways to recognise your volunteers:
AFL Volunteer Certificate Recognition Program
Reward your volunteers by presenting them with AFL branded volunteer recognition certificates.
- Download certificate
- Right click and save the file to your computer
- Open the file using Adobe Reader
- Edit the Name and Date by clicking on the existing text and then typing the name of the person you wish to recognise and the date you want listed on the certificate
- Click file, save as to save the certificate to your computer
- You can then arrange to print these yourself or professionally through a local printing company (eg. Officeworks) and distribute as you wish
Volunteers’ motivation for continuing their involvement depends on their feeling of value and accomplishment. However, remember that some volunteers seek opportunities for public recognition and praise, but others may feel uncomfortable under such circumstances.
- Special awards for volunteers: volunteer of the month and of the year – presented at monthly meetings and the AGM or presentation nights.
- Articles on individual volunteers published in the club newsletter
- Hold social events at the beginning and end of each season for all volunteers
- Provide recognition certificates to every volunteer.
- Recognise long service to the club by awarding exceptional volunteers with life membership
The Award Details:
- Nominations will be open from Friday 14th May 2021 until Friday 8th August 2021. No further submissions will be accepted via the online form after this time.
- Each State/Territory will evaluate the nominations and ultimately will determine their winners across each Volunteer category in their own region.
- All prizes are subject to COVID-19 restrictions in each State / Territory, Government advice on travel and the logistics relating to hosting of the AFL grand final.
- AFL will communicate with all Winners via email, or via State/Territory managers to coordinate the delivery of prizes & recognition initiatives.
- AFL Authorisation Code: GFAFL21/21