Fundraising is the act of generating funds via voluntary contributions from individuals or organisations and is a great way to boost the club’s income.
Good fundraising ideas that yield a high return are well planned and organised. Here are some tips to help to with organisation your next fundraising activity:
- Create a story – establish why you need the money. People are more willing to donate when they know what cause they are donating to.
- Establish and incorporate fundraising targets into the annual budget
- Establish a small sub-committee to look after the fundraising. They will need to liaise with the social committee, marketing managers and other people/teams within the club to ensure success.
- Plan a fundraising calendar. This will help establish an even spread of fundraising activities, so your members don’t feel like they are being continually asked to give money.
- Consider your audience - junior parents may be unlikely to attend a pub function with senior players.
- Determine if you would like to target the inner sanctum of your club or the broader cohort. Consider of ways to attract external funds so you aren’t always asking the same people.
- Ensure you have attained the necessary permits and registration for any raffle activities
Toyota Good for Footy Raffle - The Toyota Good for Footy Raffle is fundraising made easy! Toyota provides all prizes and grassroots clubs get 100% of the proceeds.
Australian Sports Foundation - Fundraising4Sport (F4S) program is a great way to fundraise for individual athletes and sporting clubs and organisations alike and are the only organisation in Australia to have Deductible Gift Recipient status for sports. This means that if you partner with ASF for your fundraising, all donations of $2 or more are tax-deductible.
To find out more, please view this article about using ASF for donations as a way to help clubs raise funds during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Bunnings Sausage Sizzle - Bunnings sausage sizzles and cake stalls are valuable fundraising opportunities for local community groups, and all the funds raised go straight to the community group conducting the fundraiser.
Other ideas include:
- Club events like gala balls, dances, ladies’ day, golf days or bingo nights
- Raffles and auctions
- Car wash
- Chocolate and/or lolly drives
- Club garage sale/car boot sale
- Club fete or festival