HAWTHORN'S Jack Ginnivan figures he's got another decade left terrorising defenders and entertaining fans with his on-field antics.
But the 23-year-old already has an eye on shifting the magnets when his playing career eventually winds down.
OPENING ROUND Get your seats to Giants v Hawks
Sidelined by a fractured finger, Ginnivan got a taste of life in the coaches' box alongside Sam Mitchell's team during the Hawks' pre-season hit-out against Geelong on Monday.
"It does get heated sometimes, but it's something I might transition into after footy," Ginnivan said during the 2026 NAB AFL Auskick Launch.
"Assistant coach, head coach - who knows? It was a good experience.
"Hopefully I'm playing for another 10 years, so I don't know, but it's definitely something I'm interested in.
"I love the game and obviously we've got one of the best coaches in the game as well, so it's good to just squeeze the lemon off him as well."
Fellow Hawks livewire Nick Watson backed his teammate's potential as a future AFL coach.
"He goes a bit hard on me sometimes, he sprays me from the other side of the field," Watson said.
"He's very directive and when he talks everyone listens.
"He's got great ball knowledge and he would be a good coach, but it's still very early days. Hopefully he plays for another decade."
Ginnivan has been able to continue running while rehabilitating his finger, which he hurt during an intra-club match simulation this month.
He had dominated the session, kicking five goals in a strong showing after putting together an impressive summer training campaign.
Ginnivan is hopeful of playing in the Hawks's season opener against Greater Western Sydney on March 7, or potentially a pre-season clash with the Western Bulldogs on February 27.
"It's coming along good," Ginnivan said.
"Obviously a bit annoying getting injured when I was playing some good footy, but yeah, keen for round zero.
"I've just really invested in myself this year and tried to be the best I can.
"It's been a good start to the year and hopefully just keep progressing as well."
Ginnivan and Watson welcomed reports from AFL.com.au that in-demand utility Josh Weddle is set to sign a new contract with Hawthorn, rejecting overtures from Essendon.
AFL.com.au revealed last year that the Bombers had offered Weddle, who was due to come out of contract at the end of this season, a seven-year deal worth about $10 million.
But the 21-year-old speedster is set to sign a four-year deal worth around $1 million per season with the Hawks, which will take him to free agency.
"We see it every day at training, he brings the energy and brings the love within the group," Watson said.
"All that talk went out about Essendon wanting to get him but we know he's a Hawthorn boy.
"He's fast, powerful and can go through that mid now, can play anywhere, wing, half-back, wherever you want him, forward, he can kick goals. So he's a special player and special talent."