SYDNEY players Isaac Heeney, Chad Warner, Nick Blakey, Riley Bice and James Jordon will not be considered for selection for the rest of the 2026 AFL season, including finals.

The five players were allegedly involved in an incident in Melbourne on Monday morning that is now the subject of a police investigation.

>> WATCH SWANS OFFICIALS SPEAK LIVE FROM 12PM AEST IN THE PLAYER BELOW

"Sydney Swans players Riley Bice, Nick Blakey, Isaac Heeney, James Jordon and Chad Warner will not be considered for selection for the remainder of the 2026 AFL Season," the club said in a statement.

"The AFL is supportive of the Club’s sanctions.

"We respect there is an ongoing investigation by Victoria Police and the actions we have taken today are independent of this."

Swans CEO Matthew Pavlich and Chair Andrew Pridham will speak to the media at midday AEST today.

The ban encompasses the round 24 game against North Melbourne on Sunday plus the club's finals campaign.

Sydney's men's players trained at the SCG on Wednesday, following the AFLW squad's session earlier in the morning. 

Warner, Blakey and Jordon have played all 22 games for the Swans this season, while Heeney and Bice have played 20 games each.

Club officials spent Tuesday speaking with the players involved at a location away from Swans headquarters. 

In a statement released on Tuesday evening, the club said officials had emerged from those talks with the belief that those players "were in serious breach" of the standards expected of Swans players and would be penalised.  

Sydney has not ruled out further sanctions once the outcome of the police investigation is clear. 

The club also acknowledged that the allegations had a serious impact on the women involved in the alleged incident, and expressed concern for their wellbeing.

It comes after AFL chief executive Andrew Dillon on Tuesday released a statement calling for more respect around the allegations.

Dillon said the allegations and the conduct of the Swans players were "deeply concerning".

"While the matter remains under police investigation, it raises broader issues for our game and our responsibilities as a sport," Dillon said.

"The woman who made the report to police is entitled to privacy and care, and that should be respected."

More to come ...

21:20

Fraser ‘couldn’t be more ready’, latest on Swans investigation

Nat Edwards and Damian Barrett discuss all the latest footy news on AFL Daily

Published on Aug 18, 2026

Full Sydney Swans statement, Tuesday Aug 18

The Sydney Swans can confirm that the Club Board will meet tonight to agree on player sanctions and penalties, now that the Club has concluded its interviews with all the players involved in the incident in Melbourne.

We respect there is an ongoing investigation by Victoria Police and any actions we take are independent of this.

The Club believes the players are in serious breach of expected Club behaviour and standards, and it is appropriate to take firm action and highlight that any sanction we impose relates solely to those breaches.

The Club also acknowledges that these serious allegations impact others and their wellbeing must be paramount.

The Sydney Swans condemn all forms of abuse and disrespectful behaviour towards women. Any conduct that causes offence or harm to others is unacceptable and falls well short of our expectations. All women deserve to be respected and feel safe.

We also want to acknowledge that the care and welfare of our AFLW athletes and staff is of the utmost importance to us as a Club. They have been and will continue to be offered the support they require and we acknowledge the impact these allegations have on our female athletes, staff members and the wider community.

Any further sanctions or decisions regarding the outcome of the police investigation would take place after that process is completed.

During this time, we will provide the appropriate support to the players involved in the incident, along with their partners and families.

The Sydney Swans hold all players and staff at the Club to high standards of behaviour and personal conduct. Representing this Club carries significant responsibilities both on and off the field, and we expect those standards to be upheld at all times.

Our focus remains on cooperating fully with the AFL and authorities, maintaining the integrity of the process, and upholding the high standards expected of everyone who represents this Club.