The AFL is Australia’s premier sporting organisation supporting a constantly evolving national competition which has experienced rapid growth over the past 10 years. The AFL currently has 650 permanent employees across the four state bodies, AFL Vic, NSW/ACT, QLD, NT and at AFL House. The AFL organisation is responsible for growing and developing Australian Football across Australia.
AFL Cape York provides alternative, safe, secure and inclusive programs to Indigenous youth from remote communities across the Torres Strait, Cape York Peninsula and Gulf Savannah.
We are looking for:
- Enthusiastic applicants who want to help us support our families and young people
- Applicants who have experience and/or qualifications in business administration
- Passionate applicants who believe in clients focused service
About the role
The Administrative Officer provides support to our managers and employees, assisting in daily office needs and general administrative activities.
Duties and responsibilities
The position of Administrative Officer provides administrative support for the Finance, Grants, Compliance, Game Development and Human Resources functions at AFL Cape York, Head Office. Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Undertake front office reception duties, including but not limited to:
- provide high level of face‐to‐face customer service and maintain a customer‐focused approach
- answering phone calls. Directing phone calls to the appropriate person, taking messages and assisting clients when directed.
- Assist the Administration Manager and Grants and Compliance Officer with document processing and associated administrative duties/tasks; including but not limited to:
- maintaining organisational staff contact lists
- processing/preparing invoices for payment
- mailing of invoices / statements to customers/clients
- creation of or formatting of formal documents i.e. letters, procedures, templates etc.
- Assist with follow up and compilation of data for various reporting requirements of AFLCY
- Assist in website maintenance
- Assist with any on-site IT support
- Arrange staff travel bookings, ensuring requests and bookings are made in a timely and cost-effective manner
- Assist in event coordination including creating flyers, venue, catering, materials and RSVPs
- Maintaining office stocks of resources, stationery, and equipment registers
- Maintaining overall cleanliness of the office and kitchen
- Maintain databases appropriate to the various records, reports and documents.
- Ensure records are maintained in a safe, secure and appropriate location with an adequate locking system.
- Ensure proper use of office equipment and systems, and address any maintenance or troubleshooting requirements
- Adhere and comply with corporate laws and regulations.
- Provide administrative assistance and support to AFL Cape York House for Boys and Girls including on-site receptionist and administrative support (where required).
Skills & Knowledge
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills including a mature and professional approach to customer service
- Excellent presentation skills and is confident and attentive to clients
- Excellent literacy skills with strong attention to detail to correct spelling, grammar and punctuation
- Understanding of confidentiality and privacy requirements
- Ability to organise and prioritise tasks, problem solve, and ask questions when needing further clarification
- Strong computer skills including the ability to use MS Word, Outlook, Excel, email and internet
- Typing speed and accuracy
Experience & Qualifications
- Minimum two (2) years proven experience in a similar role and/or appropriate qualification
- Strong working knowledge and experience using MS Office suite and data programs
- Queensland “C” Class Drivers licence
- Positive Working with Children Blue Card (or eligible to apply)
Remuneration / Entitlements
- Dependant on qualifications and experience
Applications for this position will close, Monday, 27 January 2020, 5:00pm (AEST) and must include:
- A cover letter responding to the core competencies (above) maximum 2 pages; and
- An up-to-date resume
For more information on this position or any other opportunities at AFL Cape York, please contact:
Del Lythall, Administration Manager
Tel: (07) 4054 5199 (option 1) | Mob: 0402 116 612 | Email: email@example.com