Collingwood v Casey Demons at Victoria Park
- Collingwood will be looking to remain undefeated against an in-form Casey Demons outfit. Accuracy will be important for the Demons who have kicked the most behinds of any side in the VFLW so far this season, especially against the Pies who have been one of the highest scoring teams.
- Grace Buchan will return to Victoria Park to face her old side after being a co-captain in Collingwood’s 2019 VFLW Premiership. The Demons have had an impressive run of form the last two weeks and Buchan will be looking to make it three in a row over her old side.
Southern Saints v Darebin Falcons at Wilson Storage Trevor Barker Oval
- This game shapes up as an opportunity for both these teams to keep their seasons alive with a win. The Falcons will be looking to register their first win, while the Saints will be looking for their second. Darebin has kicked the least amount of goals this season and St Kilda has also struggled to hit the scoreboard, so expect this to be a low-scoring and high-pressure affair.
- Sidney Cubasch has fought in the ruck for the Falcons, currently sitting fourth in the league for average hit-outs. Cubasch will be wanting to give her mids first use against the strong and contested Saints midfield.
Carlton v Hawthorn at IKON Park
- Hawthorn and Carlton are each seeking a second win of the season as they prepare to face off at IKON Park. Both teams have shown glimpses this year and will be looking forward to a game against an evenly matched opponent.
- Jennifer Lew has had a massive influence at the Blues. Playing mainly off half-back Lew’s experience has created plenty of opportunities for her younger teammates. Averaging 18.5 disposals and 5.2 marks so far this season, Lew will have a big role to play against the Hawks.
Western Bulldogs v Geelong at Victoria University Whitten Oval
- This is Geelong’s first trip away from home this season, while the Bulldogs will be relishing the familiar Whitten Oval conditions for the third week in a row. The engine room of the Cats has been piling on the pressure, leading the competition in tackles, and the pressure may be too much for a Bulldogs outfit that’s struggled to get inside 50.
- Paige Sheppard and Tamara Smith have been influential for Geelong, averaging 21.5 and 21 disposals respectively with Smith also leading the league in tackles. The Cats will need them to be working hard to create opportunities from the stoppages.
Essendon v Port Melbourne at NEC Hangar
- Essendon has turned its season around after a disappointing round one loss to the Southern Saints. However, the Bombers’ hardest task of the season comes this round against the undefeated Port Melbourne.
- Sophie Locke currently leads the league’s goal kicking with nine after four matches. A NAB League graduate with the Murray Bushrangers, Locke’s creativity and footy smarts inside 50 are one of the reasons Port Melbourne remains undefeated so far.
North Melbourne v Williamstown at Arden Street Oval
- Williamstown will be looking to cement its spot in the top six with a win against North Melbourne. The Seagulls were relentless against the Bulldogs for their second win of the season in round four, and will be looking for back-to-back victories for the first time this season. North Melbourne has slumped to 11th on the ladder and will be without spearhead Brooke Brown, who kicked four goals in the loss to Carlton last match, due to suspension.
- It’s a big week for the Kangaroos forwards who could struggle without Brown and Alice O’Loughlin. The pair have kicked eight of the team’s 15 goals so far this season, North Melbourne will need to find more avenues to goal.