Main content

Alberton Oval

Alberton Oval was opened in 1877 as the Queen and Albert Oval. The first sporting match played at the ground was a cricket fixture between the touring Tasmanian XI and a selected eleven of the Queen and Albert Cricket Association, with the first SAFA (now SAFL) match at Alberton Oval played in in 1880. 

Port Adelaide Football Club (PAFC) has used the venue as a training base continuously since 1880. While PAFC now plays its home matches from Adelaide Oval., the venue is still used for SANFL matches.

Capacity: 11,000
Address: Brougham Place, Alberton SA 5014
Ticket agent: ticketek.com.au (Phone: 132 849)