Both teams found form last week and will be desperate to bring it to the MCG on Saturday
With both sides finally getting into full stride last week after underwhelming starts to the season, this game shapes as a better one than many might have anticipated a week ago. The Blues, ignited by speedy pair Chris Yarran and Jeff Garlett, ended their winless ways with a superb 24-point victory over West Coast at Patersons Stadium. The Crows bulldozed the Western Bulldogs in the wet at AAMI Stadium, restricting the Dogs to just two goals until late in the last quarter. The clash of high-quality midfields will be fascinating, as will the way Adelaide combats the Blues' speed forward of centre.
WHERE AND WHEN:
MCG, Saturday April 27, 4.40pm
TV, RADIO AND BETTING: Click here for broadcast guide and odds
LAST FIVE TIMES
R8, 2012, Adelaide 19.10 (124) d Carlton 8.7 (55) at Etihad Stadium
R5, 2011, Carlton 11.19 (85) d Adelaide 12.7 (79) at Etihad Stadium
R4, 2010, Carlton 16.7 (103) d Adelaide 6.19 (55) at AAMI Stadium
R22, 2009, Adelaide 27.14 (176) d Carlton 16.8 (104) at Etihad Stadium
R9, 2009, Adelaide 15.14 (104) d Carlton 8.12 (60) at AAMI Stadium
THE SIX POINTS
1. Carlton and Adelaide last met in round eight last year at Etihad Stadium, when the Crows won by 69 points and Patrick Dangerfield starred with 35 possessions, two goals and three Brownlow votes.
2. The Crows have won just one of their past eight games at the MCG.
3. Adelaide is ranked third defensively this season, while Carlton is ranked 12th.
4. Adelaide is third in contested marks, Carlton is 11th.
5. No team has had more running bounces this season than Carlton, which has amassed 66. Adelaide is 15th.
6. This will be the 32nd contest between the sides with Carlton leading 16-15.