Strengthen youth mental health and resilience in SA/WA with the AFL and Movember
Expressions of interest (EOI) for Movember Ahead of the Game delivery partners now open.
The AFL and Movember are looking for program delivery partners to facilitate Movember Ahead of the Game (MAOTG), a mental health literacy and resilience program for young community footballers and umpires (12-18 years), parents, coaches and volunteers. MAOTG is an evidence-based program that engages young people and their support networks in a safe, effective and authentic way.
We’ll equip you with program materials, facilitator training and funding to deliver the program to your football community. If your organisation works with young people, or has experience delivering youth mental health programs, or has strong relationships with community football clubs and leagues, the AFL and Movember would love to hear from you.
Expressions of interest close on December 15, 2023.
The AFL and Movember want to be recognised as global leaders in strengthening the mental health and resilience of young people through community sport.
Our shared values:
- Respect & Humility
- Creating Remarkable Experiences
- Passion & Enjoyment while making a difference
- One Team
Together, we are looking for organisations in SA/WA to join our passionate and capable national network of program delivery partners to:
- Contribute to stronger local communities that surround community football clubs
- Reach youth players and umpires, their parents and club volunteers in an authentic way
- Build communities that are more resilient
- Build communities that have greater awareness of mental health, and
- Build communities that have greater capacity to provide support.
The success of MAOTG depends on diverse and locally embedded community delivery partners, so we want to hear from organisations from many different communities to be part of this game-changing program.
Why become a MAOTG delivery partner?
MAOTG delivery partners receive:
1. Payment to deliver a set number of contracted sessions. Create community impact with funding certainty.
2. An evidence-based program added to your portfolio of community offerings, with an opportunity to showcase your organisation’s proven impact to your own funders.
3. An easily implemented program which includes:
- Thorough and ongoing training and support for your program facilitators
- All required materials to deliver the program
- A delivery partner framework with clear guidance and support for processes, systems, and delivery.
- Access to and support from other core program elements provided by Movember and the AFL (i.e. youth mental health experts, training, global evaluation feedback, etc)
4. The opportunity to broaden local reach and connections to community football and other local stakeholders and provide a program to communities/clubs.
5. Permission to use AFL and Movember branding alongside your own brands (in strict accordance with contractual guidelines).
6. Invaluable networks and connections – delivery partners will be connected to a national and global network of other delivery partners, implementation partners, evaluation partners, media partners and others offering opportunities for growth and development of your organisation.
Visit https://aheadofthegame.movember.com/ for more information about the program.
How to become a MAOTG delivery partner
MAOTG delivery partners will be appointed and onboarded by the AFL and Movember through a transparent, open commissioning process:
1. Charities, community health organisations, sporting clubs and leagues, consortia groups and other service providers are invited to submit expressions of interest via the online form on this page.
2. Outcome of EOI stage will be communicated to all applicants by December 22nd. Shortlisted EOI submitters will be invited to progress to stage two and develop full proposals for review by the AFL and Movember.
3. Full proposals submission date is January 25th, 2024.
4. Appointment/ contracting and onboarding commences from February 2024.
Can I get more information or discuss further with someone?
Email enquiries can be directed to email@example.com