SYDNEY won't be drawn on the future of young forward Elijah Taylor after the player was the subject of "very serious" allegations on social media. 

The allegations were made on Saturday night by the woman involved in Taylor's breach of COVID-19 protocols. 

LATEST NEWS All your COVID-19 updates here

With Taylor already suspended for the rest of the season as a result of that breach in Perth, Swans chief executive Tom Harley said the club was made aware of the allegations for the first time on Saturday evening.  

02:06 Mins
Published on

Swans chief addresses 'very serious' allegations against Elijah Taylor

Sydney CEO Tom Harley addresses the media following allegations made on social media against young forward Elijah Taylor

Published on

The AFL's integrity department is investigating the matter. 

"They are extremely serious allegations and our process is to notify the AFL's integrity department and then it's the AFL integrity department's responsibility, as part of the respect and responsibility policy, to follow through with the relevant authorities," Harley said. 

"I am told that the AFL have been in touch with the police about this matter." 

Harley said the welfare of all parties was "paramount" as the process is undertaken.  

18:37 Mins
Published on

AAA Ep14: They are a 'laughing stock': Lloyd hurting over Bombers' lost identity

Matthew Lloyd and Damian Barrett discuss all of the fallout from a big week in football

Published on

 

"We're dealing with two young people here and I won't go into the specific details of that but absolutely there is support on both sides as we work through what's a very complex situation," he said. 

ROUNDS 16-18 Check out the full fixture

The Swans' CEO said the club had been in daily contact with Taylor. 

"We've had conversations with Elijah as a player of the Sydney Swans. The most important thing here is that we deal in facts and follow due process," Harley said. 

"Around hypotheticals we won't be operating in that space at all. But absolutely we'll follow a strict process with the AFL through the integrity department and the AFL will lead any form of investigation."

Taylor had been banned for the remainder of the season on August 15 after the 19-year-old brought a woman back to the Swans' quarantine accommodation in Western Australia.

It was a breach of not only the AFL's return to play protocols but also the Western Australian COVID-19 quarantine directions that applied to all Sydney players and officials at their quarantine accommodation. 

In addition to Taylor's ban, the Swans were fined $50,000, with $25,000 suspended.

LADDER PREDICTOR Can your team make the eight?

Taylor remained in Perth with family following that ban, not travelling with the Swans back to Queensland.

"We as a club, in consultation with Elijah, his family, his management and given he was suspended for the balance of the season, discussed where Elijah's best place would be," Harley said.

"It was determined from all of that with his family in WA it’s that place so that’s where he is."