THE SON of North Melbourne chairman Ben Buckley will join Greater Western Sydney ahead of Monday's NAB AFL Rookie Draft.
Sydney-based Jack Buckley, 20, will be pre-listed by the Giants as a locally zoned Category B rookie.
Fairfax Media reported that Buckley was a member of the Sydney Swans academy in his mid-teens but drifted away from the game, focusing on basketball, before returning to play football.
He turned out for the UNSW Eastern Suburbs Bulldogs this year and was called up to play NEAFL games for the Giants, playing his maximum quota of fill-in matches.
A key forward at the lower level, Buckley was available to both the Giants and Swans as a Category B rookie and local player, and has accepted an offer from the Giants.
Ben Buckley played 74 games for North, falling short of the 100-game qualification for father-son selection.
• Check out every pick made in the Draft Tracker
• Draft wrap: Lions reveal top pick, Freo's big call
• The verdict: we rate your club's draft haul
• The bolter they didn't see coming
• How did the guru go? Cal Twomey's Phantom Draft