THE AFL advises, as per Victorian Government guidelines, fans attending matches in Victoria this weekend will need to check-in using a QR code.
QR codes will be provided for fans at various points within the stadium – including at their designated entry gate and ticketed venue zone – the check-in can be completed by fans on their way to or at their seat. Additional venue staff have been deployed to assist patrons.
The introduction of QR codes at matches are part of the guidelines required by the Victorian Government on the increased 75 per cent capacity, with the QR coding process assisting the government with contact tracing if required.
To not miss a moment of action, fans are encouraged to:
- Download your mobile ticket before you arrive at the venue
- Forward tickets to the individuals attending within your group
- Download the Service Victoria app before you arrive at the venue
- Arrive early and enter via the Gate noted on your ticket
- Once inside the venue, scan the QR Code and check-in
Customer service team members will be onsite for those that do not have smart phones, or those that need assistance downloading the app.
The AFL appreciates all fans' patience and co-operation as we all continue to safeguard the community amongst the ongoing global pandemic.
Round Two begins tonight as traditional rivals Carlton and Collingwood do battle at the MCG.