UNTRIED Port Adelaide forward Mason Shaw's career at the club hangs on which forwards arrive at Alberton during the off-season – and which leave.
The 21-year-old met with coach Ken Hinkley on Monday for his 2015 exit interview, where he was told he should look for a new club to safeguard his future.
He booted 25 goals from 14 SANFL games last year, but could only manage four in his nine state-league games this season.
The Power are widely tipped to land Gold Coast forward Charlie Dixon, who has requested a trade to the club in October, and it's also believed a one-year deal remains on the table for Jay Schulz if he wants it.
Shaw started the 2015 pre-season ahead of John Butcher in the club's pecking order but developed osteitis pubis, which delayed his start to the year and then sidelined him for eight games through the middle.
Butcher played the final four games of the year for the Power and, coupled with encouraging rhetoric from Hinkley, appears likely to retain his place on Port's list.
Shaw's manager Anthony Van Der Wielen said his client wanted to remain at the club but he also believed the 197cm forward would easily find a new home if the Power delisted him.
"We've just got to wait and see ... who comes or goes from Port Adelaide will determine whether they offer him a position on the list or not," Van Der Wielen told AFL.com.au.
"Mason's happy at Port Adelaide ... he definitely wants to go on.
"It'd be a shame for a guy at near on 200cm with his physical capabilities [to not be on an AFL list].
"I'm sure there's another club out there that'll want him on the list if Port Adelaide don't see the value in him."
While Shaw missed both of the Magpies' SANFL finals, the side's exit on Sunday means AFL-listed players involved will have end-of-year interviews early this week.
The club was waiting for the Magpies' season to finish before announcing any player departures.