The out-of-contract Robinson's future at Carlton has been clouded since he lied about his involvement in a 5am brawl in the city last month, which also involved teammate Jeff Garlett.
Carlton preferred not to comment when contacted by AFL.com.au on Tuesday night, but it is understood the Blues told Robinson he would be traded during his end-of-season exit interview earlier that day.
AFL.com.au understands several rival clubs have expressed genuine interest in the Tasmanian forward, who is determined to play on and make the most of any second AFL chance.
Even if the Blues are unable to broker a suitable deal after this year's trade period opens on October 6, the likelihood of Robinson remaining at Visy Park appears remote.
Robinson has not been charged by police for his involvement in last month's brawl, but Garlett was charged with affray.
Garlett was also fined $2500 by Carlton and Robinson, when his involvement surfaced several days later, was fined $5000.
Robinson suffered a fractured eye socket in the brawl that ruled him out for the rest of the 2014 season.
Carlton football manager Andrew McKay said at the time that such behaviour would not be tolerated at Visy Park.
"It's disappointing it has come to light that both players were out in the early hours of Sunday morning," McKay said.
"Had they not put themselves in that position, then the incident could have been avoided.
"It should serve as a warning to all our players that they need to take responsibility for their behaviour and the situations they put themselves in. As professional athletes, we expect them to lead by example."
Robinson has played 100 games at Carlton since debuting in round one, 2009.
Recruited with pick No. 40 in the 2008 national draft, Robinson finished seventh in the Blues' 2011 best and fairest award and ninth in the 2012 count.
Robinson was involved in a fight at a music festival in January last year that earned him a club-imposed penalty of two months community service and a $1000 donation to a charity.
The forward was also suspended three times this year on striking and rough conduct charges, with Blues coach Mick Malthouse saying after Robinson's latest ban in round 18 that he needed to adjust his game.
Carlton announced on Tuesday it had delisted four players: Andrew McInnes, Tom Temay and rookies Jaryd Cachia and Luke Reynolds.
These delistings follow the retirements earlier this year of Heath Scotland and Nick Duigan, and Josh Bootsma's sacking.
McInnes played 17 games in four seasons with the Blues, while Cachia played 14 games in two stints on Carlton's rookie list, all of them in 2013.
Neither Temay, the No.35 pick in the 2012 national draft, or Reynolds, selected in last year's rookie draft, played a senior game for the Blues.