LANCE Franklin has been overwhelmed by the support he's received since taking leave from the game in September, according to Sydney Swans football boss Tom Harley.
Franklin took extended leave in the lead-up to their round 23 clash with Gold Coast at the SCG to seek treatment for an undisclosed mental health issue, and played no further part in the season.
The three-time Coleman medallist met with Swans officials last week in a rare public appearance, which Harley said was a standard end-of-season review.
Speaking on NAB Trade Radio on Thursday morning, Harley said Franklin's meeting was a positive step forward and he was scheduled to be back with his teammates for training in December.
"He got his preparation for pre-season and had his standard medical and conditioning exit interviews with our staff," Harley said.
"He then had a good sit down with myself and (Swans coach) John Longmire and we're all on the same page.
"It's worth putting on record that Lance has been overwhelmed with the support he's had from not only Swans' supporters, but by football people and non-football people.
"It was a brave decision that Lance made heading into the finals series – a really important finals series for us – to say 'look I've got a few things I need to work though', and we've provided support around that.
"Lance is getting himself ready for a pre-season and I'm sure that he'll come back really refreshed both mentally and physically and ready to have a massive 2016."
The Swans' younger players will start their pre-seasons in late November, before Franklin and the more experienced Bloods are expected to return on December 3.