TRANSGENDER footballer Hannah Mouncey appears to have given up her AFLW dream after withdrawing from next month's AFLW draft.
The 28-year-old revealed her decision to drop out of the October 23 draft was due to a self-reporting blood test regime taking a great personal toll.
"Essentially, the toll of doing this (blood testing) on my own has ended up being far too great. The AFL has treated me like s***, with every effort made to wear me down to a point where I couldn't continue," Mouncey wrote in a scathing online post.
NEW GENDER POLICY Full details
"Eventually what has gone on behind the scenes will come out, and it paints a sad picture of an organisation with no leadership, who cares only for its corporate image above all else.
"There are a number of things I can't risk by continuing this fight, which are far more important than football."
Mouncey said she had uploaded onto social media all her blood tests from last month to the end of 2015 "to show the reality of where I sit, to show that this is not because I don't meet there (sic) requirements".
Under the AFL's new gender diversity policy, trans or non-binary athletes needed to submit medical records to show testosterone levels stayed at or below 5 nmol/L for 24 months along with a range of other athletic data.
The AFL said it would not comment while the draft nomination process is still open. Applications to play in the AFLW under the gender diversity policy close on Friday.