RUCKMAN Todd Goldstein has welcomed the prospect of North Melbourne luring Richmond star Dustin Martin to Arden Street on a massive contract.
North is poised to offer Martin, who is off-contract at the end of the season, a long-term deal believed to be worth at least $1 million a year, Fairfax Media reports.
The deal would be expected to last until at least 2022 for the 25-year-old goalkicking midfielder, who has previously told Richmond he will not make a decision on his future until the end of the current season.
Richmond has offered Martin a five-year deal believed to also be worth $1 million per season.
Richmond's football boss Neil Balme said the club was in constant contact with Martin's agent and was not aware of specific offers from rival clubs.
"We accept that this is the way it is and we completely understand it's Dustin's right to consider his future," Balme told Fairfax.
The Kangaroos are also understood to be keen on young Greater Western Sydney star Josh Kelly to boost a playing list which lost stars Nick Dal Santo, Daniel Wells, Brent Harvey, Drew Petrie and Michael Firrito last season.
Goldstein said adding Martin and Kelly to the club's midfield would boost their premiership ambitions.
"You wouldn't complain about that," Goldstein told SEN radio on Tuesday.
"In the end, all we're focused on is trying to win a premiership.
"If we can get two great individuals like them (Martin and Kelly) to come in and help us win a premiership, then that's the goal and we'll be all happy with that."