MELBOURNE has quashed the idea that gun forward Jesse Hogan could leave, declaring he would remain with the Demons.
It has been reported that Hogan could be open to the idea of returning home to Western Australia, after an extremely tough year which saw him diagnosed with testicular cancer, his father Tony's death, and in matters with much less significance, his also suffered a broken collarbone and a left hamstring injury.
In October last year, Hogan signed a deal to see him committed to the Demons until the end of 2019.
Melbourne football manager Josh Mahoney told NAB AFL Trade Radio on Wednesday the 22-year-old wouldn't be leaving.
"At no stage have we spoken about Jesse Hogan being a trade option at any point to any club, or even internally," Mahoney said.
"He's a very important part of our team moving forward, he's committed to our club already last year.
"The year he went through this year showed great resilience. The year of things that he had to go through was probably more than I've seen of any other player, and we can't wait for him to turn back up in pre-season and then really attack next year."
Hogan has booted 105 goals from his 51 games.