ST KILDA has confirmed veteran defender Sean Dempster is considering his future.
Dempster, 33, was not selected for the club's round one clash against Melbourne last Saturday and did not line up for Sandringham in a VFL practice match the following day.
AFL.com.au's Damian Barrett reported on Wednesday night on Channel Nine that Dempster was weighing up his future in the game.
Saints football manager Jamie Cox said there was no bad blood between club and player.
"Sean has been an absolute warrior for the Saints for many years," Cox said in a club statement on Thursday.
"At the moment, he is seeking medical advice to best equip him to make a decision regarding his future as an AFL footballer.
"Whilst the medical consultation Sean is currently receiving coincides with him not being selected in the Saints senior team, there is no ill will between Sean and the club.
"He continues to receive our full support.
"Sean is a very private person and we wish to respect that while he seeks this advice."
Dempster finished equal-10th in the club's best and fairest last year but lost his spot in the side after Jake Carlisle returned from a doping ban and Nathan Brown was signed from Collingwood as a restricted free agent.
Coach Alan Richardson cited the 2012 All Australian's form as the reason he did not make the round one team.
The side will fly out to Perth on Friday to face West Coast on Saturday night.