Callum Mills (left) and Dean Cox (right) speak to the media at Swans HQ on August 18, 2026. Pictures: AFL Photos/X

SYDNEY coach Dean Cox says he's "extremely disappointed" that several of his players were involved in an alleged incident that is now the subject of a police investigation.

Cox arrived at Swans HQ early on Tuesday morning and made his first public statement since news of the police investigation came to light on Monday.

"Obviously extremely disappointed with what's happened, and understand the questions and we'll update as we gather more information," Cox said.

When asked if sanctions should be expected, Cox added: "We're working our way through everything with the AFL and the relevant parties and we'll update when we get more information."

Asked if he had spoken to the players, Cox said: "We'll speak as the day unfolds."

Captain Callum Mills also spoke briefly to the waiting media at Moore Park as he and other players from both the men's and women's programs filtered into the club.

"I can't really comment. There's an investigation ongoing and we don't have the facts yet," Mills said.

"Once everything is sorted and the facts are understood, then we can comment."

The club's AFLW star Chloe Molloy was approached by the waiting media as she arrived with a group of her teammates, but she did not comment.

Swans CEO Matthew Pavlich faced the media briefly on Monday afternoon, confirming the matter is now in the hands of the police.

Matthew Pavlich walks out to speak with reporters on Monday, August 17, 2026. Picture: Phil Hillyard

"Safe to say we're extremely shocked and disappointed that this has taken place and that the players have found themselves in this situation," Pavlich said.

"We are still piecing together exactly what has transpired here and have our own internal inquiries ongoing."

Pavlich was then asked whether anyone had been arrested.

"As I said, it's a police matter ongoing. I'm not going to comment any further on it right now," Pavlich said.

Matthew Pavlich speaks to reporters on Monday, August 17, 2026. Picture: Phil Hillyard

In a brief statement on Monday afternoon, the AFL said: "The club made the AFL aware of the matter which is currently under Victoria Police investigation".

The Swans were in Melbourne after their win over Essendon at the MCG on Sunday evening.

"The Sydney Swans can confirm several players were involved in an alleged incident in Melbourne last night," the club's statement earlier on Monday read.

"The Swans have notified the AFL and relevant authorities and cannot provide further comment at this stage."

The victory secured the Swans second spot on the ladder and a home qualifying final ahead of their final-round game against North Melbourne at the SCG this Sunday.

23:49

Full statement from Swans CEO Matthew Pavlich

"We can confirm that several players were involved in an alleged incident last night in Melbourne," Pavlich said.

"We have identified this to the AFL and are working with them and the relevant authorities on this matter.

"Safe to say we're extremely shocked and disappointed that this has taken place and that the players have found themselves in this situation.

"We are still piecing together exactly what has transpired here and have our own internal enquiries ongoing.

"We understand the level of interest in the matter and there will be lots of speculation. But given it's a police matter right now, that's all I can say."

Matthew Pavlich speaks to reporters on Monday, August 17, 2026. Picture: Phil Hillyard