1. Has Port’s ship sailed?
At the start of the year, most would have had the Power locked into their top-four predictions and playing in a preliminary final, if not a Grand Final. But as they head into the bye, Port finds itself 5-7 and in serious danger of missing the top eight. To say the Power need to regroup over the bye is an understatement. With games against the Sydney Swans, Collingwood and Adelaide after the break they need to find a way to rediscover the power running they're renowned for, and resurrect their season.

Click here for full match coverage
2. Judd Mk II? 
Chris Judd's retirement has left the door open for one of the Blues young midfielders to step up. The emergence of Patrick Cripps has given fans something to smile about, and on Saturday he continued his good form. The 20-year-old was outstanding in the Blues' win over the Power. Clean at the stoppages, he had a career-high 10 clearances, 31 disposals, and seven inside 50s. A superb performance by a youngster who has a big future ahead of him.

3. Port’s last chance taken away
With just over a minute remaining and the Blues hanging onto a four-point lead, Port Adelaide youngster Sam Colquhoun appeared to mark the ball on a tight angle 30m out from goal. But, one umpire called ‘touched’ while another paid the mark, seemingly having not heard the other call. With Colquhoun hoping to take what would be a game-winning shot, umpire Brent Wallace - in just his second senior game - enforced a ball-up, as per the laws of the game. It was the Power’s final shot at a last-gasp winner. Replays later indicated Kade Simpson had touched the ball as Brad Ebert delivered it to Colquhoun. After the game, Power coach Ken Hinkley said it was a "disappointing" incident. "Umpires do their absolute best to get it right … and they try their absolute best. We had a couple [of decisions] that were a bit strange … but I reckon they happen a bit when you're in the position we're in," he said. A League spokesman tweeted an explanation of the incident after the match.

4. Tackle-hungry Blues
Pressure and tackling have not been Carlton's strong points in 2015. Often criticised for their lack of effort under Mick Malthouse, the Blues appear a different side in this area under interim coach John Barker. Carlton is ranked last in the competition for tackles, averaging 54.5 a game this season but on Saturday the Blues were impressive. They had 69 tackles for the game, Cripps leading the way with 11, while youngster Nick Graham had seven.

5. Groggy Gray
It will be a nervous few days for Carlton midfielder Bryce Gibbs after he was involved in an incident just before half-time, which saw Port Adelaide star Robbie Gray taken off the ground on a stretcher. The Blues vice-captain tackled Gray, turned him and slung him to the ground. With his arms pinned to his side, there was no way for Gray to protect himself, his head slamming into the hard MCG turf. Concussed, the Power midfielder was carted off in a neck brace and subbed out of the game. In the seven minutes prior to the incident, Gray sparked a Power comeback. His seven touches, three clearances and a goal helping Port Adelaide to reduce the deficit from 23 points to four. While there was no malice in Gibbs' tackle, it was a highly dangerous action that will be looked at by the Match Review Panel.