BRISBANE Lions ruckman Stefan Martin has accepted a two-game suspension with an early plea of guilty, for elbowing Adelaide defender Luke Brown in the throat in Saturday's game at the Gabba.

Martin was charged with intentional conduct with medium impact to the head/neck. The offence was classified as a three-match sanction. An early plea reduced the penalty to a two-match ban.

The Sydney Swans will be without star forwards Lance Franklin and Kurt Tippett for Thursday night's clash with Port Adelaide after they both accepted one-match bans offered by the AFL's Match Review Panel. 

Franklin was offered a one-game suspension for his bump on Tiger Shane Edwards last Friday night, while the MRP offered Tippett the same penalty for an elbow on Richmond's Dylan Grimes.

Shortly after the MRP’s sanctions were announced, Swans coach John Longmire told a press conference the club would accept both charges.

The MRP classified Franklin's rough conduct charge as careless conduct with medium impact to the head. 

The offence was classified as a two-match sanction, but given the star Swan has no bad record, the penalty was reduced to one game.

Tippett's offence for striking Grimes was graded as careless conduct with medium impact to the head.

Like Franklin, his charge was reduced to a one-game suspension for an early guilty plea.

Gold Coast tagger Andrew Raines was been fined $1000 for striking Carlton young gun Patrick Cripps in Sunday's clash at Etihad Stadium.

Raines' strike was assessed as intentional conduct with low impact to the body, enough to constitute a $1500 fine.

An early plea from Raines reduced the penalty to a $1000 sanction. 

Swans veteran Adam Goodes was also looked at for contact against Richmond's Taylor Hunt. However, the panel examined the incident in real time and determined that no further action was required.

Tiger Nathan Gordon's bump on Swans co-captain Kieren Jack was also thrown out, after the panel determined the force used was not sufficient for a report to be made.