ADELAIDE has been forced to withdraw its proposal for a new state-of-the-art training facility in North Adelaide in the wake of the game's shutdown due to the global COVID-19 outbreak.

LATEST NEWS All your COVID-19 updates here

The Crows confirmed on Friday that they were no longer in a position to advance to stage two of the planning process, but said they would reconsider a renewed application in the future should it remain a viable option.

"We are extremely disappointed to officially withdraw our proposal, however we cannot meet the required obligations of the formal process right now," the club's CEO Andrew Fagan said in a statement.

"Like many organisations and industries, our club and the entire AFL is confronting a financial crisis brought about by the coronavirus.

CROWS' SHUTDOWN REPORT CARD Weapons, downfall, more

"Our focus is firmly on the health and wellbeing of our people and fighting hard to ensure the club's survival during this unprecedented time.

"We are grateful for the significant and widespread support our proposal had received from the South Australian public and we were excited about the benefits it would bring for our members and fans, as well as community and sporting groups among others.

"We will maintain our communication with the council with a view to revisiting the opportunity at a later date, should it remain a viable option."

THE COACH
12:02 Mins
Published on

Pull your heads in, Crows: Another Adelaide camp goes 'haywire'

Ross Lyon on ANOTHER 'misstep' for the Crows, the Eagles getting caught out, and Kochie v Malthouse

Published on

Adelaide had been hopeful of building a community and aquatic facility at the site of its proposal, which would have housed the club's headquarters and its high-performance training base.