SYDNEY has joined Greater Western Sydney has joined Port Adelaide in receiving approval to stage their round two return in front of fans.

The Giants are expecting to host 350 members and corporates when they host North Melbourne at Giants Stadium on Sunday after the NSW government ticked off their request lodged last week.

GURU, MAN MOUNTAIN UNLEASHED Port Adelaide stars ready for Showdown

It comes as the SA Showdown will be staged in front of 2240 fans on Saturday night, split between 2000 club and Adelaide Oval members and 240 corporates. 

WATCH TRENT COTCHIN IN LAST TIME I CRIED

Richmond skipper opens up on the latest episode of Last Time I Cried, presented by AIA Vitality

Watch Now

The Swans have also been approved to host 350 fans against Essendon at the SCG on Sunday, while Queensland and Victorian clubs will need to wait.

Sydney CEO Tom Harley said the club was still working through who would be able to attend.

"We’re thrilled to be able to welcome some of our members and partners back to the SCG this Sunday," Harley said.  

"When the return-to-play date was announced we thought having spectators in stadium would be a long way off, and while we would clearly love to be opening the game to all of our members and supporters, we know that this will be special for both the team and for those who are able to attend.  

"The distribution of tickets and how members will be selected still needs to be worked through, but we are committed to providing an opportunity for members this weekend and for the remainder of the season.  

"We have always said we would be guided by government and health authorities, and we would like to extend our thanks to the NSW Government and the AFL for their support in bringing this to life."

NO HUB SNUB Victorian coaches happy to head to WA to play

The Giants' submission will see fans located in numerous function rooms around Giants Stadium.

"The safety and wellbeing of our people has been the club's number one priority during this period and there will be a range of strict measures put in place to mitigate any risk to our patrons," Giants chief executive David Matthews said.

"We will be working with the necessary authorities, the AFL and the RAS to ensure Giants Stadium complies with the State Government’s protocols.

"Obviously our primary aim is to allow members and fans back to Giants Stadium on a large scale but given this isn’t possible at the moment we see this as a positive first step."

The South Australian Government confirmed the crowd allowance for the Showdown on Tuesday afternoon. 

Last Time I Cried

Last Time I Cried

Port Adelaide chief executive Keith Thomas said 1475 tickets would go to Power club members, 475 to Adelaide as the away team and the remaining 50 to Adelaide Oval members.

A ballot system will be used to allocate the tickets to Port Adelaide members.

THE 22 FOR ROUND TWO Our reporters predict your line-ups

"The SA Government and SA Health have been magnificent in how they have managed the entire COVID-19 pandemic here in South Australia, including our transition out of shutdown," Thomas said. 

"We have always maintained we'll be guided by the government and relevant health authorities on these matters, so we are fully supportive of [the] decision.

"As a club, we are delighted that 1475 of our loyal members will be able to attend this game, along with some of our corporate clients who have stood by the club throughout these uncertain times.

"Of course, we wish we could have all our members at the ground on Saturday night, but we know this season will be different and we will strive to provide equal opportunity to all our members on Saturday night and across the remainder of the season."