Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer with a direct line of communication to the Finance Director, you will work closely with the Board and Executive Team to continue the implementation and improvements of the governance practices identified by the Switkowski Review and oversee:
- Development, revising and monitoring policies and procedures for EFC;
- Development, revising and monitoring relevant internal controls to minimise risk;
- Driving adherence and accountability culture by all stakeholders to internal policies, procedures and controls;
- Ensure the Board of Directors, senior management and employees are in compliance with the rules and regulations of external bodies including the AFL & VCGLR;
- Ensure the club medical protocols are adhered to and appropriate reporting is completed;
- Developing effective training programs for new and existing employees; and
- Collaboration with internal departments to resolve any compliance issues and mitigate potential risks.
- A Bachelor Degree in Law, Commerce or Business Management or similar is essential to the role;
- Proven experience in Corporate Governance;
- Excellent analytical ability and organisational skills;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Ability to interact with all stakeholders to ensure that recommendations are implemented;
- Problem solving and root cause identification skills; and
Applications close 5pm Monday 24th February, 2014.
Please note that this role will be subject to background checks.