COLLINGWOOD'S Jordan De Goey has been charged with indecent assault.
The Magpies confirmed on Saturday that the forward had been charged by Victoria Police of one count of indecent assault relating to an alleged historical incident in 2015.
The club says the incident was investigated by the AFL's integrity department and Victoria Police in 2018 at Collingwood's insistence and no charges were laid.
The out-of-contract Magpies forward, who this week said he wanted to remain with the club beyond 2020, will remain a part of the club's program during the legal process.
However, he'll need to pass two COVID-19 tests before re-joining the Pies' football program after coming into contact with people outside the AFL bubble through the legal process on Saturday morning.
Victoria Police issued a statement saying that two men – one being De Goey – would face court on October 30.
"Detectives from the Sexual Crimes Squad have charged two people in relation to a reported sexual assault," a Victoria Police spokesperson said.
"Two 24-year-olds, one from Hampton East and one from Clematis, have both been charged with indecent assault and bailed to appear at Melbourne Magistrates' Court."
ROUNDS 5-7 Check out the full fixture
The news on Saturday continues a horror week in the spotlight for the besieged Magpies, who days ago lost star midfielder Steele Sidebottom for four games after the club's vice-captain broke COVID-19 protocols.
They were defeated by Essendon by 15 points on Friday night, with De Goey having 21 disposals in perhaps his best game of the season so far.
The AFL released a statement on Saturday confirming its part in an investigation in 2015 and said De Goey will be able to return to the Pies after clearing COVID-19 tests.
LATEST NEWS All your COVID-19 updates here
"The AFL confirms in 2018 it was made aware of a matter involving Collingwood player Jordan De Goey from 2015. As a result of the investigation, the AFL provided further education for De Goey and on-going counselling for all parties," the statement said.
"As the legal process has now begun the AFL will make no further comment until it is completed.
"De Goey will be able to re-join Collingwood’s football program after he clears two COVID-19 tests."
De Goey was drafted by Collingwood with pick No.5 at the 2014 NAB AFL Draft and made his debut in 2015 in his first season with the Magpies.