WHERE AND WHEN: Patersons Stadium, Saturday August 23, 5.40pm AWST
TV AND RADIO: Click here for the broadcast guide
LAST FIVE TIMES
R2, 2014, West Coast 18.15 (123) d Melbourne 4.6 (30) at the MCG
R3, 2013, West Coast 27.15 (177) d Melbourne 13.5 (83) at the MCG
R2, 2012, West Coast 25.16 (166) d Melbourne 9.4 (58) at Patersons Stadium
R21, 2011, West Coast 16.14 (110) d Melbourne 9.8 (62) at Etihad Stadium
R6, 2011, West Coast 15.16 (106) d Melbourne 6.16 (52) at Patersons Stadium
Want to watch the game LIVE? Click here for your free trial of AFL Live Pass
THE SIX POINTS
1. In the round two meeting at the MCG, Melbourne kicked its lowest score against West Coast since 1991.
2. West Coast is ranked second for goalkicking accuracy in 2014 at 51.6 per cent, while Melbourne is 18th at 45 per cent.
3. Melbourne's final score in round 21 of 3.16 (34) was the sixth time the Demons have kicked five goals or fewer in a game this year. Their average score per game now is only 59 points.
4. The Demons have lost their last 14 games at Patersons Stadium. Their last victory was in 2004 against Fremantle and they haven't beaten West Coast in Perth since 2002.
5. The Demons remain the worst centre clearance side in 2014, ranked 18th averaging only 9.5 per game. West Coast is ranked 10th with 12.2 per game.
6. Jack Darling is now ranked at a career-high 78th in Official AFL Player Ratings. Melbourne's Jeremy Howe, who was taken seven places lower than Darling in the 2010 NAB AFL draft, is ranked 128th.
Prediction: West Coast by 60 points