WHERE AND WHEN: MCG, Sunday August 24, 4.40pm AEST
TV AND RADIO: Click here for the broadcast guide
LAST FIVE TIMES
R15, 2014, Richmond 18.9 (117) d St Kilda 11.7 (73) at Etihad Stadium
R14, 2013, Richmond 17.17 (119) d St Kilda 8.7 (55) at the MCG
R2, 2013, Richmond 14.15 (99) d St Kilda 12.10 (82) at the MCG
R10, 2012, Richmond 18.13 (121) d St Kilda 16.17 (113) at Etihad Stadium
R2, 2011, Richmond 14.11 (95) drew with St Kilda 13.17 (95) at the MCG
Want to watch the game LIVE? Click here for your free trial of AFL Live Pass
THE SIX POINTS
1. When these sides met in round 14, the Tigers dominated in disposals, marks, scoring shots and inside 50s. Tigers captain Trent Cotchin starred with 31 possessions and five goals and Brandon Ellis had 36 touches. Leigh Montagna was the Saints' best with 27 possessions.
2. In a form ladder since round 15, Richmond sits equal first alongside Geelong as the only undefeated teams, kicking an average score of 92 points while conceding only 69 a game.
3. No team has received more free kicks in 2014 than the Tigers, with 18.3 a game. In contrast the Saints haven’t been in the umpires' good books, ranked equal 15th for frees for, averaging 15.7.
4. St Kilda has played at the MCG just once this season, losing to Hawthorn by 145 points in round seven and kicking just four goals for the afternoon.
5. Richmond has three players in the top 10 for kicks this season - Trent Cotchin, Dustin Martin and Brandon Ellis, with Cotchin and Martin ranked second and third. Leigh Montagna is the highest ranked Saint at No.19.
6. Alex Rance has enjoyed a strong season, but in matches against St Kilda he rates poorly in Official AFL Player Ratings, brought to you by Gatorade. The key defender averages 7.6 player ratings points against the Saints, his lowest against any opposition.
Prediction: Richmond by 48 points