The AFL advises updates have been made to the fixture for Round 19 of the 2021 Toyota AFL Premiership Season and has provided Clubs with key updates relating to some matchups in Round 20.
Round 19 updates (all times EST):
- The Port Adelaide vs. Collingwood match will take place at 7:10pm (6:40pm local) at Adelaide Oval* on Friday, July 23.
- Three matches fixtured for Round 20 have been flipped with matchups in Round 19 to best manage current border restrictions across the country. As a result, Round 19 will see:
- Brisbane Lions vs. Gold Coast SUNS at The Gabba at 3:10pm on Saturday, July 24.
- Adelaide Crows vs. Hawthorn at Adelaide Oval* at 6:10pm (5:40pm local) on Saturday, July 24.
- Melbourne vs. Western Bulldogs at the MCG at 7:25pm on Saturday, July 24.
- The Carlton vs. North Melbourne match will take place at 1:45pm at Marvel Stadium on Saturday, July 24.
- The West Coast Eagles vs. St Kilda match will take place at 4:35pm (2:35pm local) at Optus Stadium on Saturday, July 24. St Kilda travelled to Perth on Saturday, July 17 where they commenced a quarantine period with permissions to train and play in line with Western Australian Government directions.
- The Sydney Swans vs. Fremantle match will take place at 12:30pm at Metricon Stadium on Sunday, July 25.
- The Geelong Cats vs. Richmond match will take place at the MCG on Sunday, July 25 as previously scheduled, with the time for this match to be confirmed.
- The Essendon vs. GWS GIANTS match will take place on Sunday, July 25. The time and venue for this match are to be confirmed.
The following matchups that were previously fixtured for Round 19 will now be played in Round 20 with timeslots and venues for all matches of Round 20 to be confirmed in due course:
- Gold Coast SUNS vs. Melbourne
- Western Bulldogs vs. Adelaide Crows
- Hawthorn vs. Brisbane Lions
The AFL also advises AFL Supplementary Protocols have been in place for the following teams effective yesterday, Sunday July 18 – Carlton, Collingwood, Essendon, Geelong Cats, GWS GIANTS, Hawthorn, Melbourne, North Melbourne, Richmond, St Kilda, Sydney Swans, Western Bulldogs.
AFL Executive General Manager Clubs and Broadcasting Travis Auld said the league would continue to make decisions that ensure the season continued to progress.
“We will continue to make changes that best manage the current environment, progresses our season and protects the health and safety of those in our game and the wider community,” Mr Auld said.
“While the Round in which some matches will be played has changed, our intention remains to complete the home-and-away season with the matchups as originally scheduled.
“The pandemic will continue to challenge us over the coming weeks and, as an industry, we will band together and remain adaptable as we navigate those challenges.
“As we have done throughout the pandemic, we will work closely with respective State and Territory Governments, all AFL Clubs and other key stakeholders while ensuring the health and safety of the community remains paramount.”
AFL Executive General Manager Football Operations Andrew Dillon commended AFL players, umpires and league-wide football staff for their commitment to progressing the season.
“I want to specifically call out and thank each and every umpire and the umpiring team, each player and their families, and every AFL and Club match day staffer for the role they continue to play to keep the season going,” Mr Dillon said.
“They’re the group who often go unnoticed but the professionalism, dedication and willingness from AFL umpires and football staff who continually go above and beyond to deliver nine games of football each weekend is to be commended.”
Friday, July 23
Port Adelaide v Collingwood at Adelaide Oval, 6.40pm ACST
Saturday, July 24
Carlton v North Melbourne at Marvel Stadium, 1.45pm AEST
Brisbane v Gold Coast at the Gabba, 3.10pm AEST
West Coast v St Kilda at Optus Stadium, 2.35pm AWST
Adelaide v Hawthorn at Adelaide Oval, 5.40pm ACST
Melbourne v Western Bulldogs at the MCG, 7.25pm AEST
Sunday, July 25
Sydney v Fremantle at Metricon Stadium, 12.30pm AEST
Geelong v Richmond at the MCG, TBC
Essendon v GWS Giants at TBC