FREMANTLE defender Alex Pearce will not play football again this season after breaking the tibia in his right leg.

Pearce, 20, landed badly in the final term of the Dockers' 38-point loss to Richmond and was carried off by trainers.

His captain, David Mundy, may have a calf strain. Coach Ross Lyon said the 30-year-old was "probably unlikely" for next week's match against St Kilda at Etihad Stadium.

The pair's injuries compound the winless Dockers' woes, with Brownlow medallist Nat Fyfe (broken leg) and star recruit Harley Bennell (calf) ruled for the rest of the year, and Aaron Sandilands (ribs/lung) and Michael Johnson (hamstring/knee) still some way from returning. 

However, wingman Stephen Hill (adductor) is a chance to face the Saints. 

West Coast's All Australian wingman Andrew Gaff was knocked unconscious by Port Adelaide's Tom Jonas and may struggle to recover in time for the Eagles' round 10 clash against Gold Coast. 

ANALYSIS: Huge ban looms for Jonas

He was walking around after the game and coach Adam Simpson said Gaff would be assessed during the week. 

Greater Western Sydney was hit hard in its 25-point win against the Western Bulldogs – defenders Matthew Buntine and Nick Haynes were concussed and Tim Mohr injured a hamstring.

Buntine copped a high bump from Bulldog Lin Jong in the first quarter and did not return. Mohr pulled up lame in the same term and also could not make it back on to the field.

The Giants look short in defence as they prepare for a trip to Adelaide to face the Crows, with Aidan Corr (ankle) and Caleb Marchbank (ankle) on the injury list. 

Co-captain Phil Davis (hamstring) is a chance to return to face his former side, however.

The Sydney Swans may again be without Ted Richards who was concussed when he hit his head on the ground after taking a mark in the first quarter of Friday night's win against Hawthorn.

That incident ended his night and puts him in doubt to play ladder-leader North Melbourne next Friday.

The 33-year-old has already missed two matches this season with a fractured eye socket.

The horror run continues at Gold Coast, with Rodney Eade losing two more. Callum Ah Chee was knocked out in the third term and didn't play the rest of the game, while Darcy MacPherson appears to have strained a medial ligament in his knee.

MacPherson stayed off the ground after being carried off in the second quarter. He will have scans early in the week.

Port Adelaide's concerns go beyond its 4-5 record, with skipper Travis Boak, Hamish Hartlett and Darcy Byrne-Jones pulling up sore after playing West Coast.

Boak should be fine after copping a knock to his midsection but Hartlett (corked leg) and Byrne-Jones (rolled ankle) will likely face fitness tests.

Across town, defender Luke Brown suffered a minor ankle sprain against the Suns but is unlikely to miss any games.

Young Melbourne midfielder Clayton Oliver suffered a corked thigh and with the travel to Alice Springs combined with a six-day break, the 18-year-old might sit out next Saturday's clash with the Power.

Geelong defender Tom Lonergan was a late out with concussion, as the Cats fell four goals short of Collingwood.

The 32-year-old clashed heads with teammate Lachie Henderson a fortnight ago against Adelaide and suffered the injury.

While he trained during the week and cleared to play, the club took a conservative approach since it was Lonergan's third concussion in three years.