UNTRIED defender Alex Morgan looks set to join North Melbourne as a delisted free agent after rejecting a one-year contract from Essendon.
AFL.com.au reported last week that the Kangaroos had shown interest in Morgan, the No.29 pick in the 2015 NAB AFL Draft who has not played an AFL match in two seasons as a Bomber.
The Bombers officially delisted the defender on Tuesday ahead of the final list lodgment.
Hamstring issues restricted the 21-year-old speedster to nine VFL games last year and delayed his start to 2017, although he rebounded to play 17 times at state league level.
Essendon list and recruiting manager Adrian Dodoro said Morgan, who was out of contract, wanted to seek opportunities at an alternative club, which is understood to be North Melbourne.
"We respect his decision, wish him all the best for the future and thank him for his time at the Bombers," Dodoro said.
Morgan follows Heath Hocking, Ben Howlett and Craig Bird in being delisted since the season ended, on top of the retirements of Jobe Watson, Brent Stanton, James Kelly and Yestin Eades
Ben McNiece, who became Essendon's first Next Generation Academy recruit, has re-committed to the club for one more year.
McNiece debuted on Anzac Day in round five and added a second game against Melbourne the next week, before a neck injury sidelined him for the rest of the season.
"In his several seasons in the red and black, he has continued to develop on and off the field, displaying key values the club strives for," Dodoro said.
"Ben's attitude after being injured during the 2017 season has been commendable. His efforts to rehabilitate his body have been outstanding and make him a highly respected player at the club.
"We are excited to see him back at his best next year and believe he will be a great addition to the Dons line-up."