HAWTHORN will face Sydney at the MCG on Friday night without Buddy Franklin after the superstar forward was suspended by the Match Review Panel for his late, high bump on the Swans' Nick Malceski. 

Malceski had kicked the ball out of defence when Franklin made head-high contact with his left shoulder.

Malceski immediately clutched his face and appeared shaken by the knock, but played on. Scans later cleared him of any serious damage to his face.

However, Malceski is still in doubt this week after suffering an ankle injury.

Franklin's rough conduct charge garnered a two match suspension but it is reduced to one match with an early plea. 

Of some consolation to the Hawks is the fact they have won 11 of their past 12 games without Franklin by an average of 56 points. Their single loss was by two points to Geelong in round 12 last year.

The Swans have their own forward issues, with Kurt Tippett being a late withdrawal with hamstring tightness.

Other Swans to face tests this week include Dan Hannebery (knee), Nick Smith (knee), Adam Goodes (knee), Lewis Roberts-Thomson (knee), Sam Reid (quad) and Lewis Jetta (shin).

The Hawks could regain ruckman Max Bailey, who pulled out of the Swans' clash with general soreness, and creative duo Cyril Rioli and Liam Shiels, who have been sidelined with ankle injuries.

Fremantle's line-up for the second qualifying final against Geelong at Simonds Stadium on Saturday afternoon will bear little resemblance to the one that was belted by St Kilda in the final round.

The Dockers made 12 changes, resting eight players, and could be strengthened by the availability of Nat Fyfe, Luke McPharlin, David Mundy, Chris Mayne, Stephen Hill, Michael Walters, Hayden Ballantyne, Michael Johnson, Zac Dawson, Nick Suban, Lee Spurr and Zac Clarke.

However, Freo accrued further injuries to Clancee Pearce and Garrick Ibbotson. In his first game back, Pearce aggravated the right calf he hurt in round 19, while Ibbotson was a late withdrawal with an achilles problem.

The Cats, meanwhile, are the team closest to full strength, with only ruckmen Mark Blicavs (concussion) and Nathan Vardy (hip) to face fitness tests.

Carlton could be bolstered by the return of three hardened performers for Sunday's first elimination final against old enemy Richmond at the MCG.

Superstar Chris Judd has missed three games with a medial ligament injury in his left knee, but will face a late-week test, as will Heath Scotland – a late withdrawal against Port Adelaide – and Brock McLean, both of whom are battling quad issues.

Tigers speedsters Matt White (hamstring) and Bachar Houli (adductor) had scans on Sunday, while Jack Riewoldt (back) is expected to return and Chris Newman (ankle) will be hoping to break the AFL's longest finals drought.

Collingwood has several headaches ahead of Saturday night's second elimination final against Port Adelaide at the MCG.

In the Magpies' loss to North Melbourne, key defender Nathan Brown suffered a left knee injury, which could prove critical to their finals hopes given his and Lachlan Keeffe's form has allowed Ben Reid to play in attack. Reid is battling a groin issue.

Compounding the forward/ruck issue for the Pies, Quinten Lynch tweaked his left ankle.

However, Collingwood is expected to regain Harry O'Brien (flu), and will test Luke Ball (calf), Jamie Elliott (hamstring) and Ben Sinclair (shoulder).

The Power will monitor midfield star Brad Ebert, who copped a corked buttock against Carlton, and small forward Robbie Gray, who was a late withdrawal with a quad issue.

Former captain Domenic Cassisi could also be cited for laying a sling tackle on Blues skipper Marc Murphy early in the third quarter at AAMI Stadium. Cassisi held both of Murphy's arms and slammed him to the turf. Murphy initially appeared dazed but played out the match.

Port could also regain Paul Stewart (wrist), Alipate Carlile (back) and Kane Mitchell (back).

Twitter: @AFL_BenCollins