FREMANTLE has not discussed a possible 2016 trade with Greater Western Sydney for forward Cam McCarthy after failing to secure him this year, Dockers list manager Brad Lloyd says.
Lloyd, coach Ross Lyon and football manager Chris Bond all met with Giants football manager Graeme Allan at Etihad Stadium on Thursday to try and make a last-ditch effort to do a deal with the Giants.
But despite McCarthy's desire to move home to Western Australia the Giants refused to budge on their contracted forward.
McCarthy's manager Colin Young stated that they would definitely try again next year.
"They (GWS) had no interest in trading him at all," Lloyd told AFL.com.au.
"There was no further discussion really.
"We put a fair bit of effort in trying to get a trade done.
"It was always going to be difficult because he's a contracted player."
The Dockers did not walk away from the NAB AFL Trade Period empty-handed after securing gun midfielder Harley Bennell last week.
They were also able to trade some picks with Gold Coast on Thursday, gaining picks 35 and 61 in exchange for 56 and their second-round pick in next year's NAB AFL Draft.
Lloyd confirmed that McCarthy was the Dockers' only other target of the trade period outside of Bennell and the club did not make any moves for North Melbourne forward Aaron Black.
"We didn't explore any of those other options," Lloyd said.
"The main focus was bringing in some quality players. That's where Harley fits in. We're really excited about him coming in and what he brings to our list.
"Because a second-round pick went out for Harley this year, we just wanted to get back into that second-round so once Harley was done that became our focus, which we achieved in the end.
"We're still really keen to add through the draft, and 22 and 56 would have left a fair gap so getting 35 in between there is really important to our draft campaign."
Lloyd said no decision had been made on Matthew Pavlich's playing future in 2016.
The Dockers skipper is currently on holiday and Lloyd said the club was not sweating on his decision.
"He's a champion player at the club and he'll get as much time as required to work through what he needs to," Lloyd said.
"He's got the club's support and we'll be advised when a decision is made.
"Matthew is a separate case. We'll have our three or four national picks and we'll have our two or three rookie picks. Matthew doesn't impact that."
Lloyd also said that no decision has been made on the future of Anthony Morabito. He travelled overseas mid-year to give his troubled knee a rest but has since returned and was running well in September.
Morabito is out of contract after signing a one-year deal last year. He did not play a single game in 2015 at any level due to ongoing problems with his left knee that has been reconstructed three times.
Lloyd said the club was still in discussions with him and his management about next season.