GREATER Western Sydney superstar Toby Greene can accept a one-match ban for making unreasonable or unnecessary contact to the eye region of Brisbane's Lachie Neale on Saturday night.

It means Greene could face the Tribunal for the second straight week on a misconduct charge, assuming the Giants elect to challenge the ban.

The AFL confirmed the charge in its match review findings from Saturday night's GWS-Lions semi-final at the Gabba.

Match Review Officer Michael Christian assessed Green's action as intentional conduct, with low impact and high contact.

Neale held his hand over his face and briefly remained on the ground after the second-quarter incident but Greene wasn't too concerned when he spoke to Channel Seven post-match.

"I was aware of that at the time," Greene said.

"There was probably a bit of heat in the game. It is what it is; we'll see what they say. I didn't think there was too much in it." 

Big-name Lions Charlie Cameron and Dayne Zorko were also charged from the same match, but can accept fines.

Cameron was offered a $2000 fine, with an early plea, for engaging in rough conduct against Zac Williams, while Zorko can accept a $1500 sanction for striking Shane Mumford as a first offence.

Greene's ban comes a week after he escaped suspension but was fined $7500 for an incident with Western Bulldogs midfielder Marcus Bontempelli in the clubs' elimination final.

Greene did not have to defend himself from speculation that he eye-gouged Bontempelli, with the AFL's legal counsel, Jeff Gleeson QC, making no submission about what he believed the Giant did with his hands.

The 25-year-old's remorse and a favourable medical report from the Bulldogs helped him on that occasion, although that case was sent directly to the Tribunal.

Greene made the most of his fortune, gathering a game-high 30 disposals and kicking two goals as the Giants upset Brisbane to advance to their third preliminary final in four years.

GWS will play Collingwood at the MCG on Saturday afternoon.