ESSENDON and Collingwood's planned premiership reunions this year have been set back by the COVID-19 outbreak.
The Bombers had organised to celebrate their 20-year anniversary of their 2000 flag this weekend at Essendon's round seven clash with Melbourne.
LATEST NEWS All your COVID-19 updates here
Players and staff who featured in the Bombers' commanding 2000 Grand Final victory over the Demons were invited to the club's pre-game function, with a post-game event also organised.
However the season's sudden halt after round one due to coronavirus has left the premiership party, previously booked for Sunday, in limbo.
The Bombers' contingent of players, coaches and officials catch up annually for an 'unofficial' reunion.
Well said mate. I will miss catching up with all the 2000 group. Looking back it was a special team we had and no doubt one of the best years of my life. The banter, the beers and the characters of that group is something I will miss the most. Love to all you guys. ??????— dustinfletcher31 (@dustinfletch31) May 2, 2020
It was unclear if 2000 premiership captain and Norm Smith medallist James Hird would have attended the club's function this weekend had the season gone ahead.
Hird has steered clear of the gatherings in recent years since departing as Essendon at the end of 2015 after the fallout from the anti-doping saga.
However he has become more involved with the Bombers since his son Tom's signing as a rookie, including joining a weekly club podcast.
Collingwood, too, has had to change its plans commemorating its 1990 and 2010 premierships.
The Pies broke their 32-year premiership drought in 1990 with a dominant win over Essendon, and 20 years later the club claimed its 15th flag with a victory over St Kilda after the epic drawn Grand Final.
Magpies president Eddie McGuire promised the club would get together for a celebration of their past two premierships when the time was right, which could extend into 2021.
"Any time Collingwood can get the 1990 team and 2010 team together for a fun night of celebrations we'll be doing it, let me tell you," McGuire told AFL.com.au.
"Things have been put on hold until such time as it's safe to do so."