NORTH Melbourne forward Lindsay Thomas will miss the Kangaroos' upcoming games against Richmond and the Brisbane Lions after accepting a two-match ban for head-butting Greater Western Sydney midfielder Jacob Townsend. 

North announced on its club website on Tuesday morning Thomas had entered a guilty plea with the Match Review Panel. 

"The club determined the risk of challenging the Match Review Panel's charge was too great as an unsuccessful case would have resulted in a three-week sanction for [Thomas]," a North spokesman wrote. 

Thomas was the only player facing suspension after scrutiny of round 14. 

He was charged with misconduct after the panel graded the head-butt on Townsend as intentional, low impact and high contact. 

The initial penalty was 250 demerit points (a two-match suspension), which rose to 338.75 (a three-match ban) after his carryover points were added. 

Thomas can have the reduced back to two games if he lodges an early guilty plea. 

Dawson was charged with striking Stokes during the first quarter of Saturday night's clash at Simonds Stadium. 

The panel graded the incident as negligent, low impact and high contact. 

The initial penalty was a reprimand and 80 carryover points, but Dawson can have it reduced to 60 points if he pleads guilty. 

Corey was charged with tripping Pearce during the second quarter of the Cats' win over Freo.  

His initial penalty was also a reprimand and 80 carryover points, which can be reduced to 60 with an early guilty plea. 

The panel dismissed the report laid against Ryder after speaking to the umpire who laid the report on the day, viewing all available footage and receiving a medical report from West Coast, which stated McGinnity had not been injured. 

It was decided it was unclear whether forceful high had been contact made, so no further action was taken. 

Two incidents from Friday night's clash between the Sydney Swans and Carlton at the SCG were looked at. 

The first involved a sling-tackle that Ben McGlynn laid on Kade Simpson and the second involved high contact made by Kieren Jack on Andrew Walker. 

In both cases the MRP decided the force used was not enough to warrant a report.