WEST Coast midfielder Elliot Yeo is free to tackle Geelong on Saturday night after being cleared of his striking charge stemming from last week's win over Collingwood.
Yeo was originally slapped with a one-match ban for what the Match Review Officer deemed an intentional strike with high contact and low impact on Collingwood's Rupert Wills on Sunday.
However, on Tuesday night, the AFL Tribunal overturned the MRO's decision after a lengthy 32-minute deliberation.
Eagles representative David Grace QC successfully argued the contact of Yeo's hit was of a negligible nature and didn't constitute a suspension.
Yeo stated that his intention was to make contact with Wills' chest with a "fend-off" and that his hand "merely brushed his (Wills') neck".
He also said that Wills' head may have jolted back because "he saw the contact coming".
In their submission, the Eagles pointed to the Pies' medical report that stated Wills received no attention following the incident.
In response, AFL general counsel Jeff Gleeson QC argued Yeo's assertion that Wills' head jolted back anticipating contact was "wrong" and that the strike was "inherently dangerous".
The jury, consisting of Wayne Henwood, Stephen Jurica and David Neitz, said it was not satisfied on the balance of probabilities that Yeo's hit was a reportable strike.