ESSENDON has denied suggestions it is chasing Dayne Beams, with list manager Adrian Dodoro releasing a statement rejecting speculation it is pursuing the Brisbane star.
Beams had been linked to the Bombers on Wednesday night, following reports earlier in the year that suggested the midfielder was interested in returning to Victoria at season's end.
However, Dodoro has since released a statement via Essendon's website in which he emphatically rejected talk the Bombers are planning on making a play for Beams.
"As we do every year, as a club, we will look to improve our list via the trade, free agency and draft periods," Dodoro said on Thursday.
"Dayne Beams is obviously a quality player and person, but he is not someone we are actively pursuing and we have not approached him or his management about returning to Melbourne."
Brisbane had already moved to deny the links on Wednesday night, with Lions footy boss David Noble telling SEN that he wasn't sure where the story had originated from.
"We're really happy with the way he's going and certainly haven't sensed anything to say that he's going to leave," Noble said.