PORT Adelaide is prepared to part ways with midfielders Andrew Moore and Aaron Young if the pair want to pursue other playing opportunities, the Power's general manager of football Chris Davies says.
But Davies dismissed suggestions that contracted ruckman Matthew Lobbe was not a required player, particularly following the impending arrival of Gold Coast forward Charlie Dixon and fellow tall Paddy Ryder last year.
Davies told NAB AFL Trade Radio on Wednesday that he would be fully supportive if Moore, 24, and Young, 22, were exploring their playing options for next season.
"With 'Moorey', who is uncontracted, we'd like to go through this next period of time and see what is available to him," Davies said.
"I heard (Moore's manager) Paul Connors on Monday suggest that there might be some suitors for him, and if that was the case for Andrew (and) he wanted greater opportunities, then I understand that.
"The same thing exists with Young. 'Youngy' is contracted to us for next year and we think that Youngy can play footy."
"He probably hasn't got the opportunities that he has wanted."
Moore was recruited by the Power with pick No.9 in the 2009 NAB AFL Draft and has played 55 games, while Young was taken at pick No.36 in 2010 and has managed 42 matches.
Davies acknowledged the arrival of Dixon would only intensify competition among the Power's big man stocks – which already includes Justin Westhoff and Jay Schulz – but he said Lobbe was not on the outer.
"From our perspective, we're not entertaining Lobbe not being at our footy club in 2016, let alone beyond that," he said.
"Matthew is a really important player for the fabric of our club, and we see him and the competition for spots at AFL level really, really vital."
The 26-year-old signed a four-year contract extension at the end of last year, tying him to the club until the end of 2019.
Davies said the Power's main priority in the upcoming NAB AFL Trade Period was to facilitate a suitable trade for Dixon.
He added the club's first-round draft selection, currently pick No.10, had been "put on the table" in exchange for the Suns' goalkicker.
"We've been on the record publicly as saying that we understand it's going to take a first-round pick," Davies said.
"We'll continue to work with the Gold Coast to make sure there's a fair and reasonable deal done for all parties."
Meanwhile, Davies said Melbourne midfielder Jimmy Toumpas, the No.4 draft selection in 2012, could also be on the radar if he choose to return to his home state of South Australia.
"We'd be derelict in our duties if we didn't actually look at what that opportunity was in that type of situation," Davies said.