CARLTON midfielder Bryce Gibbs has accepted a two-game suspension from the Match Review Panel for his driving tackle on Port Adelaide star Robbie Gray. 

The MRP charged Gibbs with engaging in rough conduct, with the incident classified as careless conduct with high impact to the head.

The reigning Blues best and fairest winner was handed a three-game ban, reduced to two matches with an early guilty plea.

Appeal too risky for Blues

A Carlton spokesman said the club is considering its options and there would not be a decision either way on Monday night.

Gibbs pinned Gray's arms to his body as he followed through with the tackle, leading to the Power star's head slamming into the MCG turf.

Gray was taken from the field on a stretcher and substituted out of the game shortly after the incident.

Power teammate Chad Wingard said he had no issue with Gibbs' forceful tackle.

"There's tackles like that … Gary Ablett cops it all the time, all the star players you try and rough up and tackle to the ground as hard as you can," Wingard said on Monday.

"It's just unlucky he had his arms pinned and couldn't really brace himself."

Hawks pair Ben Stratton and Josh Gibson can accept $1000 fines for striking Crows Eddie Betts and Charlie Cameron, respectively, out of the game on Thursday night.

Stratton appeared to collect Betts in the stomach with a clenched fist, while Gibson dropped his elbow into Cameron's stomach.

Both players do not have applicable bad records, meaning they can accept $1000 fines with an early guilty plea.

North Melbourne skipper Andrew Swallow has been handed the same financial penalty for tripping Greater Western Sydney youngster Josh Kelly during the third quarter of Saturday's game.

The MRP saw Swallow's actions as intentional with low impact to the body.

Geelong veteran Mathew Stokes can accept a $1500 sanction after being charged with a second offence for careless contact with umpire Chris Donlon.

Hawthorn star Sam Mitchell has escaped without penalty for his high knee on Crows skipper Taylor Walker, with the MRP deeming the midfielder's actions did not constitute a report.

Walker received a badly corked thigh out of the incident but the panel believed Mitchell raised his arm and leg to protect himself and brace for contact. 

Richmond captain Trent Cotchin has also escaped without sanction for contact with West Coast's Scott Selwood, as the panel believed the Tiger star hit Selwood with an "open hand to the chest".

Selwood received a free kick at the time of the incident and the MRP felt the matter was dealt with sufficiently by the adjudicating umpire on Friday night.