ADELAIDE board member Rod Jameson has defended the club's handling of Tyson Stengle's drink driving incident, which was announced publicly over a week after it occurred.

Stengle was pulled over by police while driving an unregistered car in Adelaide's south-western suburbs in the early hours of the Thursday before the Easter long weekend.

CROWS' SHUTDOWN REPORT CARD Weapons, downfall, more

The 21-year-old will face a fine and loss of licence after failing a blood alcohol test with a reading of 0.125.

00:34 Mins
Published on

Stengle snaps a stunner

Tyson Stengle extends the Crows' lead with a skilful snap

Published on

The Crows sent out a media release about the incident on the evening of Friday, April 18, the same day Western Bulldogs vice-captain Lachie Hunter made headlines with his own drink driving incident.

The club statement didn't contain any detail about when Stengle was pulled over.

THE GREATEST SHOWMEN Your club's most entertaining player since 2000

Stengle compounded his error by failing to promptly let club officials know.

THE COACH
12:02 Mins
Published on

Pull your heads in, Crows: Another Adelaide camp goes 'haywire'

Ross Lyon on ANOTHER 'misstep' for the Crows, the Eagles getting caught out, and Kochie v Malthouse

Published on

"Tyson didn't inform the club until two, nearly three, days post the incident taking place so it happened in the early hours of Thursday morning and we weren't informed until Saturday afternoon," Jameson told ABC Grandstand on Sunday.

"Then it goes through a bit of a process.

"We had to inform some partners of the club and there was a hook-up on the Friday morning for all of the players.

BEST SINCE 2000 Who is your club's best defender?

"He needed and wanted to tell the players first before it was then made public.

"We don't hide behind it, it's disappointing."

Stengle, who made his club debut for Adelaide in round one after his switch from Richmond, is also facing a fine and playing ban imposed by the club.

Jameson said the regular Friday morning Zoom meeting, designed to help keep players in touch during the coronavirus shutdown, had been a key factor in the delayed release of the news.

"I wasn't a part of it, I didn't hear what he said to the playing group, but that was the rationale; that he wanted to be able to tell the players in person, which is why the press release with regard to the incident didn't come out until the Friday afternoon," he said.

"He's extremely remorseful."