NAT Fyfe may have missed four matches due to injury late in the season, but his barnstorming start to the year should be enough for him to romp home to win his first Brownlow Medal in 2015.
That assessment is based on AFL.com.au's Brownlow predictor, which has the Fremantle star polling 30 votes for the season.
Votes are cast by the website's reporters on a 3-2-1 basis after each game.
Despite missing four of the last six games of the season with quad and lower leg injuries, Fyfe is projected to finish seven votes ahead of Hawthorn midfielder Sam Mitchell (23 votes).
Rounding out the top five are Roo Todd Goldstein and Swan Josh Kennedy locked on 21 votes and Dan Hannebery on 20 votes.
Fyfe is projected to receive maximum votes in nine matches, including being awarded the three votes in seven of the first nine games.
Mitchell fails to poll in the first four games (missing round three through injury) before hitting a mid-season purple patch where he is projected to poll nine votes between rounds seven and 10.
According to the predictor, the star Hawk will receive four maximum-vote games after the club's bye in round 11.
Kennedy is expected to finish the season with a flurry, with nine votes in the last four games enough for the Swans midfielder to move into the top three.
Other Brownlow notes
- Eagle and Coleman Medal winner Josh Kennedy is expected to be the highest-polling key forward – with 11 votes – on Brownlow night.
- Patrick Cripps has won the battle against Jesse Hogan, at least in this year's Brownlow predictor. The Blues midfielder has seven votes to his name, while the Demons forward has received four votes.
- If you're looking for an early-season flyer, you could do a lot worse than Giants onballer Dylan Shiel. It is anticipated he will poll 14 votes in 14 games before a season-ending knee injury in round 15.
- Last year's winner Matt Priddis finished the season in sixth spot with 18 votes, with 2011 Brownlow medallist Dane Swan the next best of the past winners on eight votes.
- 44 players are projected to poll only one vote for the 2015 season
Nat Fyfe (30)
Sam Mitchell (23)
Todd Goldstein (21)
Josh Kennedy (Swans) (21)
Dan Hannebery (20)