RICHMOND'S contract offer to its superstar midfielder Dustin Martin reflects his standing in the game, CEO Brendon Gale has declared.
Martin, who is a restricted free agent at the end of this season, is yet to commit to the Tigers and has been linked to North Melbourne, which has reportedly offered him a more lucrative long-term deal.
The 25-year-old is the second favourite for this year's Brownlow Medal, behind last year's winner Patrick Dangerfield, after a brilliant start to the season.
While Martin's value grows with every standout game, Gale said the Tigers remained confident in their offer.
"It's fair to say the offer is a very strong one and I think it is reflective of the position he has at our club," Gale told Fox Footy on Tuesday night.
"Credit to him, because he is a remarkable young man and a lot of his contribution isn't just on the field.
"Culturally he is a terrific connector and he is a terrific emerging leader as well … he will have a very strong offer that we are very confident in.
"I think we're very confident in our position."
Martin's manager Ralph Carr has said a decision on the superstar Tiger's future would be put off until the end of the season.
Essendon has also been linked to Martin but late last month denied reports it had already tabled a big-money offer to his management.