PORT Adelaide has made another bombshell call at match committee, with rising star Xavier Duursma set to be axed after last week's heavy defeat to fellow premiership contenders Geelong.
The ladder-leading Power haven't been afraid to make headline changes at the selection table this year, surprising many when they dropped important duo Tom Rockliff and Riley Bonner for being "not quite at the level" ahead of a round six clash with the Giants.
THE LADDER Where is your team sitting?
Duursma, who is widely considered one of the League's most exciting players and has become a fan favourite with his 'arrow shooting' goal celebration, is another selection statement for the club on the eve of Saturday's encounter with Hawthorn.
The talented 20-year-old, who missed three matches earlier this season due to a hamstring injury, had just eight disposals in last week's defeat to the Cats.
Kane Farrell is also set to be omitted, with ruckman Peter Ladhams and midfielder Dan Houston also sidelined having been banned for three and two matches respectively for COVID-19 breaches earlier this week.
Bonner, along with Justin Westhoff, Brad Ebert and Jarrod Lienert, will return to the team.
"He's not being rested ... Xavier's lost his place in the side," Hinkley said on Friday.
"It's a selection issue as far as form goes, both him and Kane will miss their spot in the side by performance. They'll go back and get an opportunity to train in match simulation sessions.
"It's pretty simple, it's no different to any player. They've got to play their roles well and play to a level that we know they can play it.
"They'll get back in the side. Xavier has been fantastic for us since the day he walked into the club and Kane's an emerging young player. We're really excited by both players' futures."
Hinkley also expressed his disappointment in Ladhams and Houston, who were both handed suspensions for breaking COVID-19 protocols earlier this week.
The pair entertained visitors at Ladhams' house after a victory over the Western Bulldogs on August 3, with the club also receiving a $50,000 sanction ($25,000 suspended) for the misdemeanour.
"I'm incredibly disappointed, frustrated and angry," Hinkley said.
"We all understand the obligation we have and they know it.
"They made a mistake, they know they made a mistake and it's an unacceptable mistake."