Burgoyne was suspended for two matches by the Match Review Panel over the round 16 incident, forcing him out of last week's clash with the Western Bulldogs and Friday's top-of-the-ladder showdown against Essendon.
The 30-year-old said he had "not given too much thought" to changing his game in the wake of the ban.
"It's one of those things where if you choose to bump, you pay the price, and that's exactly what I did," Burgoyne said on Wednesday.
"I can't change it, so I've just got to take it with a smile, train hard for two weeks and then come back against Richmond.
"I've grown up tackling and bumping and shepherding my entire career, so I'll just continue to play on instinct."
Burgoyne chose to accept a two-week sanction from the MRP rather than challenging the charge at the Tribunal and risking three weeks.
"To miss two is obviously not ideal, but if you were to challenge and lose and miss three, that's a major chunk of time out.
"So we just thought I should take the two and freshen up.
"I'd played every game this year, so it's been good to give the body a rest."
The Hawks trained at the Lakeside Oval in South Melbourne on Tuesday ahead of Friday night's clash with the Bombers, and Burgoyne reported that Lance Franklin moved well.
The star forward now needs only to make it through Thursday's session before being cleared to return from his two-week stint on the sidelines with swelling behind the knee.
"He was very close last week, and obviously he'll be close again this week," Burgoyne said.
"The signs are good at the moment, so hopefully we'll get him out there, because he loves the big stage."
Burgoyne was appearing alongside Olympic 400m gold medallist Catherine Freeman at the launch of a new initiative called Boots For Kids.
People with used football boots are being encouraged to drop them in collection boxes at Coles stores, from where they will be cleaned and donated to children in remote indigenous communities in the Northern Territory and Western Australia.