The AFL yesterday wrote to all Clubs to advise the AFL Commission had approved changes to the 2020 Toyota AFL Premiership Season.
The Commission accepted the following changes:
The 2020 Toyota AFL Premiership Season will be a 153-match fixture with each club to play 17 games.
Games played in the 2020 Toyota AFL Premiership Season will be timed as follows:
- Four quarters consisting of sixteen (16) minutes plus time on;
- Intervals are as follows:
1/4 time and 3/4 time – eight (8) minutes
Half time – twenty (20) minutes
ACCESS TO RUNNERS
- As per the 2019 season, runners are permitted to enter the playing arena after a goal has been scored, however must be off, or making their way off the arena as the umpire commences their approach to bounce the ball to restart play.
- Clubs will also be permitted to use a runner an additional two times per quarter for a maximum of ninety (90) seconds each time during live play.
- Runners are not permitted to be on the ground at any time during the final three (3) minutes of each quarter (except after goals) and this applies irrespective of whether the additional two instances have been used or not.
All other rules will be as per a 2019 premiership season match and in accordance with the Laws of Australian Football.