CARLTON ruckman Matthew Kreuzer has recommitted to the club for another two years.
Kreuzer, who was nominated in the Virgin Australia All Australian squad this season, was mooted be on track sign a new deal by AFL.com.au in July.
The 28-year-old had been due to become an unrestricted free agent at the end of this year but satisfied a trigger clause for 2018 during the campaign.
He is now signed up until the end of 2019.
The Blues also revealed injured defender Sam Rowe has received a contract for 2018.
Football manager Andrew McKay told carltonfc.com.au Kreuzer was a "heart and soul player".
"To Matthew's credit, he has been elite in his preparation and managing his body throughout the year and working closely with our high performance team, which resulted in him playing 21 out of a possible 22 games this year," McKay said.
"We're delighted Matthew will be remaining in the navy blue for a further two years.
"Matthew and Sam are integral members of the playing group and are both held in very high regard at the club. We look forward to seeing them continue their careers in the navy blue."
Rowe is recovering from a right knee reconstruction but is optimistic about returning for round one next year.
He faces plenty of competition for a spot, with Liam Jones, Caleb Marchbank and Jacob Weitering all able to line up in key defensive spots.
Kreuzer was taken with the No.1 selection in the 2007 NAB AFL Draft and has played 161 matches.
He averaged 15 disposals, 32 hit-outs, five clearances and five tackles in 2017.
There may be further good news for Carlton on the way, with Fox Sports reporting on Thursday evening that power forward Levi Casboult was set to turn his back on free agency, and sign a new deal in coming days.
The Blues have delisted Kristian Jaksch, Liam Sumner and Andrew Gallucci, while Daniel Gorringe, Matthew Korcheck and Dennis Armfield have retired.